Friday, January 20, 2006

Stange Things are afoot at the Circle K

Everyday a funny little man in a pale blue turquoise tracksuit comes into the staffroom and hands out a small pot of yogurt to select teachers from a transparent plastic box strapped to his chest. He has come in everyday for months, leaving his little gifts. After months of wonder (and sneaking suspicion as to why I am always left out) I asked my head of department what was going on. Apparently, the teachers have ordered these little yogurts, as little snacks if you will. I can understand this as I bring a yogurt to work in my lunch most days. They can be very handy little fillers. But, I asked my Japanese colleague, why the man? Why the silly plastic contraption? Why order-in an easy, and readily available, dairy snack everyday? I was slightly perturbed by the idea that there is a company devoted exclusively to delivering individual yogurts to people all over Japan. Who thought of that niche market?

- So, Mr Bank-manager, my idea is to deliver one little yogurt to all teachers in the land. Imagine! Tiny yogurt joy! All I need is a start up loan...
- [Bzzzz] Joyce, call security

2 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Why are all secretaries called 'Joyce'? One of life's mysteries...

4:27 AM  
Blogger Brad said...

I was looking up memorable quotes from Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure on IMDB.com, and I did indeed come across the material for this blog entry headline. And I quote:

Ted: "Strange things are afoot at the Circle-K."

I also, incidentally, came across another intriguing line, from when Bill and Ted meet themselves, and I quote:

[Bill and Ted meet themselves]
Ted: "OK wait. If you guys are really us, what number are we thinking of?"
Bill, Ted: "69, dudes."
Bill, Ted: "Whoa."
[quadruple air guitar solo]


Something to think about, eh?

12:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home