Monday, October 24, 2005

I can't dance, I can't talk......

It seems that I might have to resort to violence. It generally goes against my nature but I think in this case couple of backhanders might do some good.

"Ah, Geoff-san" (you knew it had to do with school of course didn't you) "maybe you have homework to give out this lesson?"
"Um, well, no. The deadline for handing in last week's homework is Wednesday, so I'll give out the new homework then"
"Neh. But there is nooo class Wednesday neh. You have homework today?"
"No. Why is there no class wednesday?"
"Neh. Is sports day. Yes. Neh"
"Oh, well I didn't know that."
"I did know that. Maybe I should tell you."
"Yes. Maybe."

Sometimes I think she does it just so she can catch me out as the lazy foreigner that I am.

My supervisor is an English teacher whom I teach with. For some reason she speaks English in a sing song voice, though she speaks Japanese quite normally. My Head of Department speaks English like the policeman in 'Allo 'Allo. She also has a habit of doing the Genesis walk during lessons.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home