Tuesday, November 01, 2005

When us they were now.

A lot of my "job" is marking homework. It normally starts out like this: the first paper I will mark properly, making corrections where necessary and giving little bits of useful advice. The second paper I'll do much the same, correcting the same mistakes and giving the same advice. By the fourth paper I'm just correcting. By the eighth or ninth I am scoring the page in big red slashes. I don't bother with the other 243 that I have to get through until the next day, when it starts all over again.

Often an entire sentence will be made up of prepositional verbs. Or entirely of nouns.

No matter how many times I try to correct them they never seem to be able to get it. This is because they've been taught that way since the were even smaller than they are now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home