Wednesday, June 28, 2006

HAIR!

The other morning I woke up looking like this:



...and it occurred to me that maybe I should get a haircut. And maybe see a doctor. Actually, a haircut first occurred to me a few weeks ago when Robin began to call me Farrah. At first I was flattered; who wouldn’t want to be compared to that crime-fighting tawny-haired angel? Then it occurred to me then that Farrah is a ridiculous name. Also that she is a girl.

Still, I resisted. Many are the afternoons I have whiled away remembering fondly the days when I had long flowing locks; when ladies, young and mostly old, cooed and drooled over my soft mane. I was vital and carefree; a vigorous young sprite. I can have that always, I thought.

Unfortunately the only thing hair like this says is that you need help. And some personal hygiene tips too:



The last time I visited a barber in Japan I knew absolutely no Japanese, so I took with me a photo of myself of when I was young and handsome, and had hair. Unfortunately it was a long distance shot and the barber was one of those ‘clippers only’ types. I came out of the salon looking like this:



I have since tried to stay away from the barber, sculpting my increasingly lengthening locks in the mornings with my cap.

When I turned in the classroom yesterday and caught my reflection in a window. I had had a wild two inches of hair poking out at a right angle from the side my head and a single thick curl dangling down my forehead for the entire lesson, and indeed most of the day. I knew I could not go on. Straight after school I went to the barber and whipped out my phrasebook for “not too much off please.” I was more nervous getting a trim than I was performing in the charity show. Thankfully, I didn’t need the phrase which was situated handily at the end of the ‘At The Salon’ section of my book: “You fool! I should never have let you near me!”



Well done. Well done everybody on that one.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow an entire blog about your hair. who would have thought that was possible?

2:02 AM  
Blogger Bunny said...

You vain sonovabitch. You're dead to me.


...nice haircut, by the way.

8:19 AM  
Blogger Geoff said...

with those photos I cant be vain. Masochistic maybe...

1:50 PM  
Blogger Brad said...

Geoff, I thought together we were going to grow our hair out really super long then tie it back in a warrior top knot, then shave the front all the way back? Now the whole thing is right out the window.

4:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lol. You're funny. I think the hair looks nice.

5:39 AM  
Blogger L and occasionally N said...

dude,... dont risk a japanese barber again, you looked like a moron last time! you can wait 4 weeks, or get the fiance to do it!

6:13 AM  
Blogger L and occasionally N said...

oh wait you already did.
looks good btw :)

6:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

its nice. really. i like it. honest.

kxxx

9:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home